|This article is about the A New Day character. You may be looking for his Road to Survival counterpart.|
|Age||12 ("Act I - A New Day")|
13 ("Act V - No Time Left")
|Occupation||Junior High Student (Pre-Apocalypse)|
|Family||Mabel Pines - Twin Sister (Deceased)|
|First Appearance||Chapter 1|
|Series lifespan||#1 to Present|
- "You know what? Shut the fuck up, Lilly! I've known Soos for way longer than you have, you've known him for a week! Don't give us any shit about him being the bad guy here! Just cause he worked with the bandits before doesn't mean anything! He didn't know! He was being used, Lilly! Used to kill others, used to feed! None of that was his fault! He went against the St. Johns and killed them all to save us! So stop acting paranoid cause you're dad died, okay?! Take a breather and think, and stop thinking you still run things, when all you are is a worn out bitch who can't think straight!"
- —Dipper to Lilly Caul.[src]
Dipper Pines is a main character first encountered in Chapter 1 of the A New Day series. He is one of the four protagonists of A New Day, and will be one of the two protagonists of All That Remains. He is a young boy who loves to get involved with mysteries and wound up in a crashed bus in Atlanta, Georgia, with his sister missing and the driver dead. After meeting up with a man named Lee Everett, a girl named Clementine, and his sister Mabel, Dipper struggles to maintain sanity and humanity in a world where the undead could take him at any time. He soon reunites with some of his friends, and after giving up his search for his family after some months into the outbreak, he looks to Lee as his guardian.
This list shows the victims Dipper has killed:
- Unnamed bus driver (Zombified)
- Shawn Greene (Indirectly Caused)
- Travis (Accidental)
- Larry Caul (Caused; Assumed Before Reanimation)
- Robbie Valentino (Indirectly Caused, Accidental)
- Wendy Corduroy (Indirectly Caused)
- Mabel Pines (Before Reanimation)
- A few unnamed bandits.
- Numerous counts of zombies.
- Dipper's main weapon of choice is a hatchet given to him by his friend Wendy.
- He originally found the hatchet on the crashed bus, however, and assumed Wendy was dead.
- In Chapter 31, Dipper gives the hatchet to Mabel before her disappearance.
- His skills with a firearm are rather lackluster.
- This is shown when he accidentally shoots Travis in the head when trying to save him from a walker.
- In later chapters, though, his skills have improved greatly.
- Dipper has made the second most appearances out of any character in the story, having appeared and spoken in every chapter, save for Chapter 17. However, he was mentioned in the only chapter he was absent.
- In Chapter 22, Dipper mentions to Carley that, with her firearm skills, she is a "natural born Andrea".
- This is a reference to Andrea, from the comic series of The Walking Dead, who is known for her incredible sharpshooting skills.
- He later mentions the name Chris in Chapter 25, while on the subject of food. This is another The Walking Dead comic reference, this time to the character known as Chris, who was the leader of a group of cannibals known as The Hunters.
|A New Day Characters|
|Pines Family||Dipper • Mabel|
|Clementine's Family||Clementine • Diana • Ed|
|Kenny's Family||Kenny • Ken Jr. • Katjaa|
|Greene Family||Hershel • Shawn|
|Macon, Georgia||Carley • Glenn • Wendy • Robbie • Lilly • Mark • Larry • Doug|
|Stone Mountain High||Ben • David • Travis|
|St. John's Dairy Farm||Soos • Andrew • Danny • Brenda|
|Georgia Railroad||Omid • Christa • Charles|
|Savannah, Georgia||Molly • Vernon • Boyd • Clive • Joyce • Anna • James • Brie • Walter|
|Prison Bus||Lee • Justin • Bennett • Danny • Jerry • Clyde • Marcus|
|Georgia Highway||Thompson • Nate|
|Green = Alive, Blue = Unknown, Red = Dead, Gray = Undead|