|This article is about the A New Day character. You may be looking for his Survive counterpart.|
|Occupation||Former History Teacher (Pre-Apocalypse)|
|First Appearance||Chapter 1|
|Last Appearance||Chapter 40|
|Death Episode||Chapter 40|
|Cause of Death||Bitten and succumbed to a walker bite, then shot by Clementine to prevent reanimation.|
|Series lifespan||#1 to #40|
- "My arm’s on fire…I can still feel my fingers. Holy hell…ugh, this hurts more than you can believe."
- —Lee to the group about his missing arm.[src]
Lee Everett is a main character first encountered in Chapter 1 of the A New Day series. He is one of the four protagonists of A New Day. Convicted for murdering a senator who had an affair with his wife, Lee is freed from his untimely fate by the apocalypse and encounters a young girl named Clementine, who he takes under his care, as well as a pair of fraternal twins, Dipper and Mabel Pines. Meeting up with a group of survivors, Lee tries his best to protect the three kids, both physically from the zombies and emotionally from the horrors committed by dangerous people. He is always smart, independent, and caring for the three.
Lee comes from Macon, Georgia. His mother, father, and only brother worked at the family's pharmacy in Macon. Lee had been a history professor at the University of Georgia for several years before the incident with the senator. His wife had a traveling job that kept her away for significant periods of time, something that had been difficult for their relationship. One day, he came home sick from work at the university and discovered his wife sleeping with a state senator. Angered, Lee killed him. For this he was convicted of murder. Lee claimed the two got into a fight and he killed him by accident. Near the start of the apocalypse Lee was being transported by a police officer to the Meriwether County Correctional Facility.
This list shows the victims Lee has killed:
- Unnamed Georgia State Senator (Accidental; Pre-Apocalypse)
- Atlanta Police Officer (Zombified)
- Shawn Greene (Indirectly Caused)
- Doug (Indirectly Caused)
- David Parker (Caused; Alive)
- Larry Caul (Caused; Assumed Before Reanimation)
- Mark (Zombified)
- Ken Jr. (Before Reanimation; Out of Mercy)
- Brie (Zombified)
- James Campman (Caused)
- Many unnamed bandits.
- Numerous counts of zombies.
- Walkers (Caused; Alive)
- Clementine (Before Reanimation)
- Lee is the only character in the story to have appeared in every chapter so far.
- As of "Act IV - Around Every Corner", Lee is bitten.
- However, in "Act V - No Time Left", he has his bitten arm amputated.
|A New Day Characters|
|Pines Family||Dipper • Mabel|
|Clementine's Family||Clementine • Diana • Ed|
|Kenny's Family||Kenny • Ken Jr. • Katjaa|
|Greene Family||Hershel • Shawn|
|Macon, Georgia||Carley • Glenn • Wendy • Robbie • Lilly • Mark • Larry • Doug|
|Stone Mountain High||Ben • David • Travis|
|St. John's Dairy Farm||Soos • Andrew • Danny • Brenda|
|Georgia Railroad||Omid • Christa • Charles|
|Savannah, Georgia||Molly • Vernon • Boyd • Clive • Joyce • Anna • James • Brie • Walter|
|Prison Bus||Lee • Justin • Bennett • Danny • Jerry • Clyde • Marcus|
|Georgia Highway||Thompson • Nate|
|Green = Alive, Blue = Unknown, Red = Dead, Gray = Undead|