|Season(s)||2, 3, 4|
|First Appearance||"Moving On"|
|Death||Shot in the chest by Carson, put down by Jake.|
|Series lifespan||"Moving On" to "Trigger"|
- "He killed all those people because they helped another group! Imagine what he can do to us!"
- —Mikel to Jake and Monica.
Mikel is a main character and a survivor of the outbreak in Infections. He is a resident of the Sanctuary. He is shown as rough and has no care in the world. He is best friends with Jake, and soon becomes good friends with Monica Evans.
He and Jake are giving a tour of the community to Jane, Monica, Greg and Kaya.
Jake and him convince Monica to join them on their trip. While out, they run into Mattson Community, their enemy. But Monica is reunited with her friends and they are swarmed by walkers. They enter the store and are trapped there.
He and the others are trapped in the store and discover Shawn. He helps them out but they are attacked by walkers, he is seen startled by Maggie's death.
Mikel witnesses the deaths of Frank, Greg, Sarah and others. He later joins Jake, Diane, Danni and a few others in leaving the sanctuary with Monica and her group.
This list shows the victims Mikel has killed:
- Carson (Infected)
- Numerous counts of walkers.
- Carson (Alive)
Mikel and the others are taken hostage. Mikel tries to fight Decklan when his son, Carson, shoots him in the chest. He later reanimates.
- Jake (Zombified; Out of Mercy)
Jake feeds Carson to Mikel for revenge and later stabs his best friend in the head in tears.
- In season 3, Mikel was supposed to question his sexuality and start a relationship with Jake. The writers thought it was too random for the character and scrapped the idea.